So, their country home here is amazing! Lots of animals, a tennis court, a basketball court and a pool. The have two huge houses because their entire extended family goes there. I got my own room and a porch with the most amazing view! They have a staff there of chefs, nannies and maids. I try to help as much as I can, but I think it's considered inappropriate because only the maids clean. I went downstairs for breakfast and when I came back to my room, my bed was made and my clothes were put away. I did not ask for any of this. It is not real life. There were fifteen children there, from 4 days to 12 years old. It was crazy, but Spanish children are very well behaved. I spent a lot of time with them and they are no longer afraid of me (and I of them). I won them over with my charm (and maybe my iphone : ) That always comes in handy with children. Everyone was so nice, I loved their grandmother (abuela). We really bonded.
I spent the first day exploring with them. I held a baby chicken and got chased by a sheep. They are actually really scary. I think I screamed more than the children. We played by the waterfalls and caught las grías (grasshoppers). One little boy picked a flower and gave it to me. Too cute!
This morning we went to a famous monastery and I walked around while they went to mass. There was a little village above it, so I ventured up there and it was so pretty. Your typical European small town. When we got back, lunch was ready and they gave it to us course by course. I ate baby lamb because I didn't want to be rude. Never again. I bit into a huge piece of fat and Santi was like "do you like it? He saw my face and was like, okay everyone close your eyes, Julia needs to spit out her food." So much for your manners speech, mom. Sorry. They all thought it was really funny though. Then the grandfather asked me if his family reminded me of the mafia. I was like, "No, but you do a little". Everyone thought that was funny too. Oh, and this was all in Español. : )
First day of work tomorrow! I am excited. Now I am off to study Spanish law a little bit.
Pictures below : )
Adios!









No comments:
Post a Comment