Friday, July 15, 2011

Another Quick Update

Hello!


I am going to give you guys a short update. Things are going really well. I love living right in the city. It is so easy to get around! I went clubbing with some friends last weekend and it was really fun. Then on Sunday I went to the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum. The artwork was really interesting and Emily, Ara and I spent a couple hours there. Then we went to eat at La Latina, a part of Madrid that has a lot of restaurants and bars. On Sunday mornings it has a flea market. We went to a couple bars and had drinks and then had some delectable tapas. Overall, it was a very good day.

A couple days ago it was my friend Emily´s last day here so Ara, Ara´s brother, Emily and I went out to my favorite restaurant, Lateral. Then we went to a bar on the roof of a really nice hotel. It had the best view of  the city and there was a pool and a bunch of bed to sit on. It was very trendy and I had the tastiest mojito : )

I decided to take the afternoons off and now I am taking Spanish classes from Monday until Thursday. It is really helpful and I am learning a lot. Work was kind of slow at the beginning of the week, and then on Wednesday Ara and I got bombed with a 16 page contract to translate. I like translating though, so it was good.


Tonight is Ara´s brother´s birthday party, so I am excited for that. It should be really fun! We will also do something educational over the weekend, don´t worry parents : )

So, in an earlier post I mentioned the artist Liesel Kippel. That is her married name. her artist name is Liesel Beukes. If you want to see her artwork, her facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/Liesel.Beukes.

Best to all,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment