Sunday, July 3, 2011

Living In The City!

Hello All!

I have finally arrived at Javier Cremades' home right in the Salamanca district in Madrid. It is a really great location because I am literally five minutes away from work! It is also right across from Retiro Park, which is like the Central park of Madrid. Javier and his wife have seven super adorable children. I spent a lot of time over the weekend with them, and they have definitely taken a liking to me. They have all left for their summer home in Málaga, which is in the very south of Spain. I have been invited to go there for a weekend and I will definitely take their offer! They will be gone all summer, along with the mother and father, so Ara and I have the apartment to ourselves. It's going to be nice, but I really like the children, so it is kind of a bummer that I won't get to see them.

Anyway, last weekend was super fun because I went out with Ara and her roommates. There is a girl from Texas who is nineteen and she is very nice. She goes to the University of Hawaii. I am super jealous. We first went to Plaza Del Mayor to a famous market. The history behind the plaza is that is used to be a place where they would publicly humiliate people who went against the church, and eventually kill them. It is weird because now it is such a beautiful place where everyone comes to relax. We had tapas and drinks there, and then we went to a special bar that makes yummy fruity drinks. I had a special Brazilian drink with liquor from sugar cane. It was delicious.  After drinks there we went to a club and they gave us free VIP bracelets. Living the life. 

Yesterday I was going to take a moped tour of Madrid with Ara and her friends from Mexico who are visiting, but there was a gay pride parade, so we went to that instead. It was so fun! There were so many characters there. I took lots of pictures, so you will see them on Facebook very soon. This morning Ara and I went to a couple museums and walked around the park. Later this afternoon we are going to a flea market in Plaza La Latina. There are also places to get tapas and drinks, and we want to visit a couple churches. I can't believe that I only have three more weeks left! This summer is going by too fast. Ara and I are planning to pack our days full of cultural experiences and traveling. After all, I am not only here to work, but also experience Spain. Speaking of work, it has been a little bit boring because all I do is translate and print contracts. I guess that is the work of an intern though, and it still is a good experience to be here at the firm.
I hope the fam is having fun in Colorado! I am so disappointed that I can’t be there! Happy Fourth of July! Miss and love you all!


xx,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment